My idea for project one became completely different when I was staring a this guy's mouth. He had some cool cracks in his teeth and I wanted to photograph them. As I was taking it I liked how his mouth looked as a whole and thought it'd be cool to see what effect I could make using non local color. Mainly, I wanted it to look sickly, but still slight close to some kind of reality. I kept some areas in his mouth more realistic color wise, like reddish gums and yellow teeth. I added a lot of purple to the tongue to give it a bruised look. Originally I had the skin around the mouth green, but it looked too stereotypical to a typical monster-like character. The blue made it look like it lacked oxygen/ was cold, etc. Combined, I thought the bright yellow balanced out a lot of the cool colors. While experimenting I put a plastic wrap filter over the tongue. I thought it'd look cheesy but it had a sickly effect. In the end I put the filter over the entire piece because I though it gave it a mucous-y look. So it looks kinda gross.
No comments:
Post a Comment